Tuesday, January 3, 2012

All these pills?

Just as we discussed about some of the goals we hope to achieve and the expectations of our experience in Uganda, we had the opportunity to share some of our fears. It is safe to assume that most of us are afraid of becoming sick at some point during our trip. Personally, this fear grew in me before coming back to Baltimore last night, when my parents gave me a big black bag containing a considerable amount of medicines. As soon as my father started showing me all different pills he wanted me to take, a lot of questions raised in my head: Are my parents being over-protective? What if they are not? Will I actually need to take all these medicines? Will I actually be in a situation in which I have to use them? I understood that they want me to be prepared for anything, but honestly, receiving all those pills made me contemplate the high chances of getting sick.
Although I had a bad feeling about all these medicines, this situation reminded me that our parents want the best for us, and they will do anything to take care of us, even if we are half a world apart, and even if they know that we will receive care in Rakai and Kampala.

1 comment:

  1. 'home sickness' is not to be treated with pills
    i promise you will need non of those.

    ReplyDelete